Levi's® 505 Regular Fit for Brooks Brothers
Levis Made in the USA
I always told myself that I'd be first in line if Levi Strauss ever decided to bring back domestic-made jeans, even if they cost a little more, so I couldn't pass these up.
I always wear 32x34 505s - the Brooks Brothers Levis fit perfectly. No worries about mail-order here. The color was nicely faded so that they look broken in. There seems to be no difference in the denim weight of these jeans compared to my others.
Some of the differences I've noticed compared to off-the-shelf Levis:
1) the stitching is almost yellow rather than the typical orange
2) the leather patch is *real* leather - nice touch
3) the button at the waist is copper-colored, not the typical silver found on non-domestic Levis. All my other old USA-made Levis have copper-colored buttons too.
4) no "REGULAR FIT" label on the inside waist
5) the size/care label, usually 1" long, has turned into 3x4" labels - these will hang out and over your waist if you don't make sure they're tucked in
6) The inside of the right front pocket is stamped with Levi and Brooks Brothers logos and reads "Levi Strauss & Co for Brooks Brothers" and "MADE in the USA"
7) The inside of the left front pocket is stamped with a silhouette of the Levi Strauss pocket logo.
March 24, 2011
Very Handsome Jeans - Not sure about price
The color and quality of these jeans cannot be beat. I was always hesitant about the price, but the leather patch, the construction, and the exclusivity of these jeans made me buy them.
On a related note, I am now the owner of 5 pair and reccommend them. Sizing can be a little finicky but good stuff overall.
February 3, 2011
Style with a sophisticated look
I have the lighter of the two colors. I am very happy with these jeans. They were just what i was looking for. They have elements of today's style and trend while maintaining the refinement you would expect of Brooks Brothers. A nice clean line and a little fading, but no fraying of the material.
September 15, 2010