Rated 5 out of 5 by Waymouth BrooksEase navy suit is tops for looks and value.
I really like BrooksEase navy suit, the tailoring excellent. the fit is a touch too small, Remember too, the jacket and trousers are purchased separately. I thought the price to be a heck of a deal until I realized the pants were an optional extra.
September 18, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Alex40 Great Suit Especially If You Travel
I have 10 of these very good suits as I used to travel extensively for work. Here's why:
- Great price, very durable and truly are wrinke free
- Being a suit seperate, I buy 2 pants for every jacket as the pants wear out more quickly and you can pack more economically in your Carry on luggage. So 2 BB Suit seperate jackets (Blue & Grey for example), 4 suit pants (2 Blue, 2 Grey), 5 BB shirts all of which can fit in a tri-fold suitback for carryon.
- Saves $$ on tailoring. If you have more than a 4" drop, for which most suits are cut, you will spend extra money on tailoring. With this suit and pants as seperates I've saved significant dollars on tailoring. (I have a 10" drop.)
- Light and cool. I live in AZ but often times travel can be a warm affair, on an airplane, in a hotel, in a conference, etc so having a "ighter" suit that looks good, is very convenient. This way you can look good but not appear like you're having a heart attack sweating profusely, in your heavy super 150, fully lined suit, in an airplane, that's delayed for takeoff on the runway, in summer. (I've been there trust me on this). "Sir are you ill?" The stewardess asks with a concerned look on her face. :)
- And heck, it's still a Brooksbrothers. When I'm wearing one and a co-worker might ask me about it, tell them it's BB, Americas oldest & most prestigious clothier, and all concerns dissapear.
I plan on buying these as long as they make them.
April 15, 2010
Rated 4 out of 5 by BlownoutBarbour Staple Suit for a Gentleman's Wardrobe
The sizing options are okay, as are the color options. A little boring, but hey, if you want variety shop the 1818 line. This suit is fine if you're in a pinch or traveling as it's wrinkle resistant, or just a good suit for more casual settings. Also, separately sold trousers and jacket mean if you ever rip one part, you only have to replace half the suit.
It takes a pretty good beating too. After wadding mine up, putting it in a duffel bag and going over 2000 miles (like I just did for an emergency trip) it didn't look that great when it came out of the bag, but it pretty much goes back to normal after letting it hang up awhile. That's cool. How do they do it?
Still made in the USA and is the good and consistent quality I see Brooks striving to maintain even in a time when weird styles run rampant and clothes are cheaply made, disposable, ugly. Though not as nice as the 1818 line, it's still a solid suit, and it has great advantages and travel is definitely one of them. Brooks still makes the best suit in America. Don't worry--the little sheep stitched on the inside label still means it's quality. Everyone should have at least one Brooksease in their closet. Trust me, it's a good investment and money well spent in a bad economy.
October 3, 2009
Rated 3 out of 5 by salop Uneven Standard
I usually love Brooks Ease suiting as I travel extensively in the Caribbean and have 4 grey and 4 blue suits but last shipment of the jacket which was same size as ordered the week before fit a size smaller and looked different. Quality control lacking in terms of source. Too bad, may have to start looking elsewhere.
July 21, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by mrsilicone What a great Jacket!
I recently purchased my first Brooksease 2-button Jacket and am very pleased with what I've found. First of all the super 100's wool fabric is appealing to the eye. It feels great on. It falls nicely when worn. It looks great minutes after taking it from a suit case or from the over-head storage compartment on an airplane. I'm sold on this garment.
January 13, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lookinggood Comfortable Suit
Suit is separate coat and pants. Fit is good. Material is very lightweight and probably good for traveling. Has a bit of stretch to it which I don't need but does reduce wrinkling. Material looks crisp but not luxurious. Since it's so lightweight, not really a winter suit. Comfortable but not top of the line.
October 2, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 by GINA Good Value
Good value for the money after Tailoring
July 14, 2010
Rated 4 out of 5 More choice would be better
I was disappointed at the limited choice of fabric and color (2 only) in the "separates" suits. It was also disappointing to have only relatively lightweight fabric available, when it is already October; and I was hoping to buy a more suitable weight for winter wear. I was told those weights would only be coming in in March -- not an appropriate time to be buying winter clothing.
October 13, 2010