Rated 5 out of 5 by RockyMtns Levis Made in the USA
I always told myself that I'd be first in line if Levi Strauss ever decided to bring back domestic-made jeans, even if they cost a little more, so I couldn't pass these up.
I always wear 32x34 505s - the Brooks Brothers Levis fit perfectly. No worries about mail-order here. The color was nicely faded so that they look broken in. There seems to be no difference in the denim weight of these jeans compared to my others.
Some of the differences I've noticed compared to off-the-shelf Levis:
1) the stitching is almost yellow rather than the typical orange
2) the leather patch is *real* leather - nice touch
3) the button at the waist is copper-colored, not the typical silver found on non-domestic Levis. All my other old USA-made Levis have copper-colored buttons too.
4) no "REGULAR FIT" label on the inside waist
5) the size/care label, usually 1" long, has turned into 3x4" labels - these will hang out and over your waist if you don't make sure they're tucked in
6) The inside of the right front pocket is stamped with Levi and Brooks Brothers logos and reads "Levi Strauss & Co for Brooks Brothers" and "MADE in the USA"
7) The inside of the left front pocket is stamped with a silhouette of the Levi Strauss pocket logo.
March 24, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Lehigh4u Not Levi or BB standards
As a life long devotee of Brooks Brothers and Levi's it was a no-brainer for m to get a pair that had both icons of quality involved in what I hoped would be the next pair of jeans that I wore for a decade or so. Wrong !
I ordered a 38/32 pair of 505's. The waist measures 40 and I'll have to get the pants hemmed by at least an inch and a half. Everyone knows these sizes are approximate. They're jeans not shoes, but these weren't even close. If it was a meal, I would have sent it back. Frankly, I can't be bothered returning these. I'll PAY to have them altered and chalk it up to experience. Bad experience, and my last with online clothes purchases.
.BB should stick to their knitting. I bought for quality and consistency. Woefully lacking in this otherwise attractive attempt at cross-branding. Nice try
June 30, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by DaveInBuffalo Style with a sophisticated look
I have the lighter of the two colors. I am very happy with these jeans. They were just what i was looking for. They have elements of today's style and trend while maintaining the refinement you would expect of Brooks Brothers. A nice clean line and a little fading, but no fraying of the material.
September 15, 2010
Rated 3 out of 5 by aigg quality jean but...
Inseam is at least 2 maybe 3 inches too long. I ordered a 30 and it is a solid 32. Maybe they are meant to be rolled but I will have them tailored as I like them otherwise.
November 16, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by bonehead great looking pair
Like them much although they fit a little lower than 501s. Would prefer a darker blue without ragged bottom, which limits how dressy I can go with these jeans.
April 20, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 Good, but not perfect
The fit is a bit too snug for my tastes. Unfortunately, no "relaxed fit" is available in these Brooks Brothers branded Levi jeans.
March 30, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by BillPfins Comfortable Classic Look
Simply great jeans made in the USA
March 30, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by CENelson Assembled in USA of imported fabric.
Assembled in USA....of imported fabric. (Imported).
January 8, 2013