- •The information that we collect from you when you use the Brooks Brothers website (the “Site”);
- •How we use that information; and
- •The third parties to whom we may provide that information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Brooks Brothers Group, Inc., trading as Brooks Brothers (“We”, “us”, “our”, etc.).
Our company details are as follows:
Company number: 51-0368803
Main trading address: 100 Phoenix Avenue, Enfield, CT 06082, USA
Registered office: 100 Phoenix Avenue, Enfield, CT 06082, USA
Please read this policy carefully. By continuing to use the Site and by submitting information to us, you consent to the use of that information as described in this policy. If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, please do not use the Site.
We may revise this policy from time to time and will post any changes on this web page. You should check this page from time to time to keep up-to-date with any such changes, as the changes will apply to any data we collect after the change. Reasonable changes will also apply to data collected before the change.
The Site may contain links to and from other websites, including sites operated by third parties. We have no control over the any third party sites that link to or from the Site. If you follow a link to any third party websites, then please note that they should have their own separate privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you use or submit any personal information to third party websites. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for any third party websites, the privacy policies applicable to them or their use of the information that they collect from you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you in the course of you using the Site:
- •Contact details such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. These details are collected when you create an account on the Site, or contact us through a form or mailto link on the Site. We may also be provided with these details by Borderfree if you allow them to do so for our marketing purposes.
- •Records of any correspondence between you and us.
- •Information provided in content that you post or upload to the Site. This may include information provided, for example, in reviews of our products, or in questions posted on product pages. If you post a link to any other website (including any social media site) in the course of posting or uploading content to the Site, we may also process information about you displayed on the website to which you have posted a link.
- •Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
It is possible to view the Site without providing any personal details. However, without providing your details, you will not be able to receive further communications from us or use some of the other functions of the Site; for example, you will not be able to place an order or create an account on the Site.
You must ensure that any personal information you provide is true, accurate and complete. It is also your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your personal information so that we can ensure our records are complete and up-to-date.
Please note that we will never ask you to confirm any personal details, log-in details or payment details by email. If you receive an email asking for any such information which appears to be from us, do not respond to it. It may be an attempt to obtain those details for fraudulent uses.
We never collect information via the Site from any person that we know to be under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a person under the age of 13 has registered on the Site, without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files. Please note: we may nevertheless maintain a record of that person's name and address in a "do not register" file to avoid subsequent registration by a child under the age of 13.
OTHER INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
During your use of the Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your visit and the device that you have used to access the Site.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual personally. However, if you have logged into an account on the Site at the time that we collect this information, or if you place an order through the Site or register with the Site during your visit, then we will be able to match this statistical data back to you. The information that we may collect includes:
- •The IP address of the device used to access the Site.
- •The internet domain name through which you accessed the Site (which may be, for example, the domain name of your internet service provider or your place of work).
- •The length of your session on the Site.
- •Details of the pages visited on the Site and resources accessed.
- •The web browser used by your device to access the Site.
- •Your device’s operating system.
- •Details of any website that provided you with a link to the Site (for example, Google, if you found us using a search engine).
We use the above information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. Where we are able to match this information to you, we will use it, together with your personal information (including details of orders that you have placed on the Site), in order to tailor our marketing communications and advertisements displayed on the Site to you.
When corresponding with you via HTML capable email, we may use "format sensing" technology, which allows us to determine whether you received and opened our email. This may involve the collection of certain information such as the IP operating system, email client, browser and device used to open the email. This may involve collecting information from a cookie that the Site has previously stored on your device. We use such information in order to improve the performance of our email marketing campaigns. By consenting to us sending you email marketing communications, you consent to this use of format sensing technology.
COOKIES & PIXEL COOKIES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- •To provide you with the Site, and the content and services made available through it.
- •To ensure that the Site and its content are presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use to access it.
- •To analyse how the Site is used, the effectiveness of the Site and to help us improve the Site.
- •To provide you with information, goods or services that you request from us.
- •To provide you with information, goods or services which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for marketing purposes.
- •To maintain records of the goods and services ordered through the Site.
- •To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- •To notify you about changes to our service.
- •For the purposes of corresponding with you in relation to any queries you raise with us, whether in relation to the Site, our goods and services, or our relationship generally.
From time to time, we may also ask you whether we can use particular information that you provide to us for other purposes. For example, we may ask you if you are happy for us to provide your details to carefully selected companies whose products and services may be of interest to you. Where you agree to us doing this, then we may use that information for the purposes that you have agreed.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your order details, and contact information to Borderfree, for the purposes of them processing and fulfilling orders that you place through the Site.
We may also disclose your personal information to the following third parties in connection with the purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above:
- •Companies within our group of companies.
- •Our contractors, including but not limited to those used to host, maintain and operate the Site or any of our customer / marketing databases.
- •Any organisation that we appoint to handle marketing communications for us.
- •Any organisation that we appoint to conduct market research for us.
- •Borderfree or any other third party, where this is required to assist you with any query you have submitted via the Site.
Where we provide your information to contractors to use on our behalf then we require them to comply with our instructions, not to use it for their own business purposes unless you have consented to this and to take reasonable steps to keep it secure.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- •To enable them to market their goods or services to you, where you have consented to us disclosing your personal information to selected companies for that purpose. For example, the checkout process on the Site includes an option for you to consent to the disclosure of your information to other Brooks Brothers group companies for their marketing purposes.
- •In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- •If we are required to by law.
- •If the Data Protection Act 1998 or any other applicable law permits us to do so. For example, the Data Protection Act 1998 permits us to disclose personal information for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime, where necessary in connection with legal proceedings, and for a number of other reasons.
We may also share information about Site usage and visitor patterns to third parties for our marketing purposes. Where this information can be matched back to you, this information may be provided to those third parties in a form which allows them to identify you as an individual user of the Site. Except as set out above, we will not share your personal information with any third party without your consent.
DATA SECURITY AND TRANSFERS
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We will not be liable for any loss of or interception of your information, unless this results from our failure to use reasonable steps to keep it secure.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology, and the Site is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. The order and contact details that we provide to Borderfree is transmitted over a HTTPS secured and authenticated connection.
The information that we collect from you may be processed outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for our suppliers. For example, your information will be processed in the USA, as that is where we are located. In each case, this processing will only be for the purposes set out in the “How We Use Your Information” section above. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this processing.
This information is specific to the United Kingdom; please refer to your regional legal offices for further information.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to how your personal information is used, and some of these are set out below. You can obtain further information about your rights from the UK’s Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, then please contact us using the contact details below. Please note that we may charge you for providing the information, up to the legal maximum (currently £10).
You have the right to have any information that we hold about you corrected. If you need to amend any of your personal details, you can do so by logging into your account or by contacting us using the details below. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate contact details and update them as necessary.
You have the right to ask us not to send you further marketing communications at any time. You can do so by contacting us using the contact details below, or by editing the communication preferences in your account. Each marketing communication we send to you will also include an option for you to opt out of further marketing communications.
By Email: service@BrooksBrothers.com
By Phone: +1.800.274.1815 (+001.860.741.4800 outside the United States)
Customer Service Manager
100 Phoenix Avenue
Enfield, CT 06082
346 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017