Rated 4 out of 5 by StealthOne Nice Slippers, but be aware.
I bought these slippers and have noticed the following which may be helpful.
1) In my opinion, I do think they are a bit overpriced, but I still find them a nice and refined slipper to wear around the house. The leather has a great supple feel and quite comfortable.
2) I do find that the upper leather portion of these slippers stretches a little over time. I would thus recommend one to purchase them the next size smaller if you are between sizes. I am a size 9.5D, so I bought a size 9 (there are no half sizes) and they fit perfectly now.
3) The heel, in my opinion, is a little too high. As I was getting used to wearing these slippers, they felt a little awkward to walk in. I did get used to it over time however. DO NOT try to run in these slippers! However, if the heel were lowered somewhere between 1/4 - 1/8 of an inch, that would make the heel of these slippers the perfect height.
4) The leather sole of these slippers limits the areas where one can walk in them. Wet, rough, or hard surface floors (like linoleum, cement, or stone) seem to make the soles blotch and wear more quickly. This also means that I can not wear them near the shower as any water that gets on them could mark or damage the soles. My waxed hardwood or smooth tile floors do not appear to cause any wear or damage that I have noticed.
5) With reference to point "4" above, I really wish there was a rubberized sole version of these slippers. This would allow me to wear them in more places such as the shower area, outside my front porch, in my kitchen, etc. Leather slippers with a rubberized sole from Brooks Brothers is something I would definitely buy.
My humble opinions, but I hope they help!
March 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by GamaH I'm never going barefooted again
These are without doubt, the most comfortable pair of indoor slippers. I've owned a few pairs of indoor slippers, including a pair of tatami sandals Nothing comes close to the sheer comfort of these slippers. Not only do they look and feel luxurious (as they should), they also provide warmth and protection for the feet. I usually stub my toes while walking around in the dark, and these slippers have nearly eliminated the pain. The only drawbacks to these is that the suede leather sole cannot get wet and some people may not like how they look based on personal preference.
If you're self-conscious about the aesthetics of these, remember that form follows function; the pros of wearing these slippers by far outweigh any con (unless you're unaccustomed to wearing footwear indoors). Also, as these should only be worn indoors, the odds of anyone seeing you in them are slim to none. Besides, if someone is going to judge you for what you wear at home, they need a new hobby.
March 26, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maxx2005 Excellent Slippers
These trul are the best slippers of their style - even\ better than Church's of England. Yes, I know they are made by Peal & Co in England but the quality is superior and the burgundy is the closest thing yet to the burgunday of the once king of slippers - the LB EVans Baronet scuss/mule. of 20 years ago.. a darker shade that was a truer burgundya nd allowed you to wear them with any color robe or pajamas.
If I had 2 wishes. they would be..
1) darken the burgunudy evem a wee-bit
2) also add a 3rd style... opera and mule with a tricot/nylon lining. I say this as several friends have oredered theBB but do not like the inner sole of leather... though they llke the breathable leather of the "top" of the slipper, .. and also, the Church's of England slippers now use a felt-like inner sole that has litle durability.
Hope all this info help! THANKS, BB!
October 2, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 by Woody Well Made & Comfortable
This is my third pair of these slippers purchased from BB. Each of the others lasted several years. The nature of the sole -- soft suede -- makes them suitable for indoor wear only. I wish they were offered with a light-weight outdoor sole so I wouldn't have to change into shoes for the long walk to the end of my driveway to retrieve the newspapers each morning.
January 6, 2010
Rated 5 out of 5 Best slippers I've ever worn!
I purchased the slippers in the maroon color and I'm extremely pleased with them so far. I would not recommend you wear them out of the house as the bottom is not suitable for concrete and you certainly wouldn't want them to get wet. I couldn't be pleased more.
May 6, 2010